How You Can Help
There are many ways you can support our programs.
- Become a community-based mentor. 1-2 hours of your time, two to four times a month is all it takes to make a difference in the life of a child. And that difference can last a lifetime. By doing this, you will be forever changed by the experience. Find out more about becoming a big here.
- Join us at one of our events to and see for yourself how important our program is to our Littles. You can help a child learn to ice skate, bowl, or have fun just talking. Check our event calendar for upcoming opportunities, or call the office at 732-505-3400 or email us for more information.
- Donate to support BBBSOC at any time using the Donate Now button above or by mailing a check to BBBSOC, 20 Hadley Ave, Toms River, NJ 08753. You will receive a letter acknowledging your donation for tax purposes, and your donation is fully tax deductible.
- Sponsor an event or activity. See our event calendar for upcoming events and sponsorship information, or call the office at 732-505-3400 to discuss appropriate events for you or your business
- Include a gift to BBBSOC in your estate planning.
Give Goods or Services
- Donate lightly used clothing to Clothes for Kids' Sake (CFKS) is our partner, and they provide funds to BBBSOC for every pound of clothing and shoes collected in Ocean County. These funds are substantial and help support our monthly operating costs. For your convenience, CFKS will also take donations of most household items as well. Click here to find out more.
- Donate space on your commercial property to host a collection bin for Clothes for Kids' Sake. The bins are attractive and professionally managed. Click here to find out more.
- Thinking of getting rid of your car, boat or airplane? BBBSOC participates in the National Cars For Kids Program. Call us and we can give you the telephone number of the program. They will come and pick up your vehicle, provide you with a fair value donation letter and give us the fair value donation in your name. The money we receive goes directly to support our mentoring programs.
Other Ways You Can Help
- Tell your family, friends, organizations that you belong to and colleagues about our program, the importance of mentoring, and our fundraising initiatives.
- If you have a group or organization that you would like us to give a presentation to, let us know. We welcome the opportunity to talk about Big Brothers Big Sisters of Ocean County.
- Support BBBSOC when you shop online with Amazon - it's EASY! Click here for step-by-step instructions on designating BBBSOC as your charity of choice through the AmazonSmile program..
If you have any ideas that you think might help support BBBSOC please let us know.
A few of our wonderful volunteers...
Senior Greenland, Volunteer of the Year 2015
Senior has been involved with BBBSOC for the past two years. She was a Big Sister in our partnershp program at Dottie's House and is currently a Big Sister to Iyona. She is truly an incredible role model.
Senior is a resident of Lakewood and a retiree from New Jersey Natural Gas. She takes every opportunity to support the agency's mission by actively participating in all of our fundraising initiatives and events. Senior also volunteers her time at the agency to support the staff. She brightens our day with her sense of humor and compassion. Senior is also very active in the Lakewood Senior Center.
Senior truly sets an example to the community through her volunteerism, commitment, leadership and genuine desire to make a difference not only in her Little's life but for all children in Ocean County.
Erik Asbjorn, Volunteer of the Year 2014
Erik has been involved with BBBSOC for the past 3 years. Each year he goes above and beyond to support our agency. Erik is a Big Brother to 3 Littles: Sean, Victor, and Jake. He truly is an incredible role model.
Erik represents the agency by volunteering to do presentations. He also reaches out to businesses and people to share his experiences as a Big and recruits potential mentors and donors. Erik takes every opportunity to support the agency’s mission by actively participating in all of our fundraising initiatives and events. Erik truly sets an example to the community through his volunteerism, commitment, leadership and genuine desire to make a difference not only in his Littles lives but for all children in Ocean County.